Monday 16 January 2012

I believe in....


I believe in the game of basketball.  Basketball was created by a genius named James Naismith.  Basketball is a 5 player team sport, but can be played with many more players or even less.  The point of it is to get the ball into the basket.  I believe basketball is a game of passion, teamwork, and love.
Basketball has been very good to me; it has been my stress reliever, my boredom killer and my life.  I started playing the game when I was only 8 years old.  At first it wasn’t very fun, that’s probably because I wasn’t very good.  As I got better and more experienced I started to respect the game more.  Now I realize how fun the game really is.  Whenever I am mad I pick up a basketball and start shooting some hoops.  The day before a big test I play about an hour of basketball alone just to clear up my mind. 
I have had many experiences with basketball, but the best one was when I went to Palau for a 15under national team tournament.  Representing the CNMI felt really good, but it put a lot of weight on my shoulders.  The tournament took place in the summer of 2011.  This basketball tournament changed my whole point of view about basketball.  It showed me that there was way more competition outside the tiny island of Saipan.  IT made me a way better player.  It was a very good experience and it came at a perfect time.  At my age I have potential and I am willing to learn and to get better.  That summer changed my attitude and my demeanor towards basketball.  I met a lot of new people from different islands and countries.  I don’t just love playing basketball I also like what kind of opportunities it can give you such as going off-island and meeting different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment