Wednesday 14 August 2013

My Favorite Metaphor of Love

My favorite metaphor of love has to be "She swept me off of my feet."  The metaphor, she swept me off of my feet is being compared to nature.  A metaphor is a figure of speech where a word is compared to another object or action which is not applicable.  For example love can represent a hurricane, storm, wind, tornadoes, or a flood.  Love can be compared to a lot of things, but one of the most common things it is compared to is nature and the world.  In my opinion the term she swept me off of my feet means that the love that this individual felt for this girl had a strong enough that figuratively blew him off of his feet.  It pretty much means that the love felt from an individual was very lust.  It can also mean that someone has fallen in love with someone deeply and instantly.  I believe when someone says she swept me off my feet it leans toward falling in love with her instantly instead of later on in the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment